Visual Arts

Future is Goddess: Michela Martello Solo Exhibition, On view through 5.20.17, Gallery Hours: Tues. - Sat. 12-6pm. All artwork is for sale, please contact Pen and Brush with inquiries, 75% of all sales go directly to the artist. The remaining 25% of sales helps to support Pen and Brush's not-for-profit mission of supporting women in the arts.

+

Michela Martello, Future Is Goddess

Victim, 2015 Red Indian pigment, colored pencil and acrylic on Bura

Read More
+

Michela Martello, Future Is Goddess

Spirit Matter, 2009 Acrylic, embroidery on cotton

Read More
+

Michela Martello, Future Is Goddess

15 Manifestation of Happiness, 2009 Acrylic and gesso on cotton

Read More

Pen and Brush is proud to present a large-scale solo exhibition of Michela Martello's inspiring body of work. She is an Italian-born artist with a background in illustration living and working in Brooklyn producing murals and works on textiles. Martello works are humanistic, accessible, and consistently characterized by her use of symbolism. A perpetually curious and interdisciplinary artist, the body of work represented in this eight-year survey, Future is Goddess, brings together the traditional and contemporary influences of a variety of techniques, media, themes, and cultures to create art that achieves a universal language of aesthetics that merges centuries and crosses cultural bounds. The exhibition title embodies the artist’s vision and is an intentional play on the empowering phrase the “Future is Female”, with the role of Goddess signifying a transformative rise in feminine power in response to our current era political and social era of uncertainty. For Future is Goddess the artist is painting a site-specific graffiti mural on the gallery wall that features three goddesses representing a mixing of cultural backgrounds, to which viewers are invited to interact by tagging.

-
+

Michela Martello, Future is Goddess

Read More
+

Michela Martello, Future is Goddess

Priestess in the Field (2016) Acrylic, gold, silk applique, on vintage quilt

Read More
+

Michela Martello, Future is Goddess

The Perfect Girlfriend, 2015 Acrylic, ink, pencil on cotton

Read More
+

Michela Martello, Future is Goddess

Read More